Thursday, November 7, 2013

Leaves, Leaves and More Leaves!

Halloween week the foliage was at it's peek in New England and it was beautiful.  Two weeks later the leaves are falling fast and we're not so happy about raking...


UNLESS

you're Prince Flip Johnson!  He loves to go outside, play in the leaves and watch his mom and dad tend  their beautiful yard.



Here are some fun ways to bring some leaves indoors.

  This fabric leaf is traced from the leaf pattern below.  I found it on the Internet but you can trace a real leaf or leaves for different shapes.  


Cut out the leaf  pattern leaving extra fabric around the pattern and sew on the trace line.  Trim seams and clip corners.  Turn inside out.  Use an accent color to machine sew veins on the leaves.  I like to use 2 different fabrics for the top and bottom.







Here's another idea

 These jars are so decorative with faux votive candles.  Choose real leaves that are not too dried out and crinkly.  Glue them on Mason Jars (Walmart has tons of them this time of year) using Mod Podge or Gesso .  Let dry.




Now treat yourself!!

  I needed a quick dessert for a party and asked my friend Kim if she had any ideas.  I was amazed when she remembered she had tasted this pumpkin dip at a party and never forgot it!  I should have known better because she saved my daughter Kristen this summer when she had to find a recipe for a camp bake sale.  Kim thought of making easy easy "to die for" Oreo Truffles.  Stay tuned, she promised to share some Christmas recipes.  If they are anything like this dip we are all in for a treat!


This is the easiest recipe I have ever made!  I've made it twice so far and will make it again before the season is over!

1 can pumpkin 
1 package Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding mix
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (I added a little more for extra flavor)
1 16 oz. container of Cool Whip

Mix pumpkin with dry vanilla pudding mix.  
Add Pumpkin Pie Spice
Fold in the whole container of Cool Whip.
Refrigerate.

I carved out a small pumpkin and filled it with the dip to make it look festive.  Dip with Ginger Snaps, Graham Crackers, fruit or use  your imagination.  Decorate with Candy Corn and a few spiders.  A 16" disc from I-Party (under$1) and covered with black and orange tissue paper served as a tray.

Back soon!!


No comments:

Post a Comment