Sunday, December 8, 2013

It's Almost Christmas!


It's getting close!!
  The wreath is on the door.  It's been modified a few times but I think I'm satisfied with this for now!


The counter is decorated...


The Hutch is ready...


I love the curly pointsettias - they look so festive...


Silverbells is over...

 
It was so much fun!  Hayrides, letters to Santa...


Face painting...

 


And not just for kids...
  

 Button making...


At dusk the tree and stage were lit.  Carolers came...

 

Then two special elves helped all the kids meet Santa...


Meanwhile, at home we're busy planning the Christmas cookie menu...

 

All of us...


These are the cookies the dolls and Nutcrackers make.


All the yummy treats!


But they're not real!!  I (Kristen) hasn't started baking yet!!  Here is the first cookie we'll be making.  Sue's sugar cookie recipe.  I have tried so many I can't count.  But after we tried these they were the keeper.  The secret is the nutmeg.  It just makes them taste so good.


Pretty Lisa, Happy Birthday this week!  Save some energy for your party!!


Be back soon...
























No comments:

Post a Comment