Sunday, August 4, 2013

Greater Hartford Quilt Guild Show 8/4-8/5

 
 
It's been a long time since a quilt show came to CT.  This one happened to be right in our backyard at the Oakdale in Wallingford.
 
Here are just some of the amazing quilts! 
 
My quilt buddies and I had the best time.  Head us in the direction of fabric and let us loose!
 
Sorry the photos are not the best quality.  The show was literally in the dark.  There were very dim ceiling lights.  It was very hard to see the stitching on the quilts.  The vendors were also in the dark so it was hard to buy anything because you were unsure of the true colors.  I am amazed in that venue that such a thing could happen.  Very disappointing but inspiring and beautiful and very fun none the less!
 
 
 
 
 
 




 
 

 
I love houses - even wonky ones!

 
 

 
These spools of  were so were so unique because of the different fabric used for the thread.

 
 Love all things Halloween!
 

 
 





 










 
 







 
 

 
You couldn't see the dragonfly pattern unless really close up!

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
Apple cores

 
I love this X-Mas quilt made from a vintage tablecloth.  I have my mother's and I use it all the time.  It is stained and worn.  I wouldn't make it into a quilt even if I could get the stains out because then it would be too good to use!  Leave the stains and use it is my motto for this!!

 
 My friend Sue loves wedding ring quilts.  She better make one because she doesn't realize that's all she talks about!!  Hear that?  MAKE ONE Sue!!!!

 
Beautiful felts 
 

 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 
I'm looking forward to Fall so I can get busy quilting Halloween and X-Mas projects.  I hope this was inspiring! 

No comments:

Post a Comment